Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The 4TH

First off I want to mention that one of my favorite sporting events the 98TH Tour de France starts July 2nd.
Alberto Contador, the favorite to win, like many other riders is surrounded by a doping scandal. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think Contador will fail to even reach the podium this year. Look for an unexpected stage win by veteran rider George Hincapie, he deserves it. I'm rooting for Andy Schleck to finish in yellow this year.

Secondly, very glad to see a few have checked out my 'Cleaning Your Prosthesis' video. It isn't perfect, but hopefully is helpful to some. Surprisingly, the video got a lot of hits on YouTube out of the gate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FOURTH OF JULY!! One of my very favorite holidays is quickly approaching.

I know, for some there is this feeling that possibly our best days as a country have passed. All the sometimes corny patriotic posturing aside, I can only express that I don't think it so. Long before I was around this country went through some remarkably tough times. Various wars, a civil war, corruption, scandal and periods of economic turmoil have often tested our country.

Since my lifetime we have encountered many uneasy times as well; Some being Vietnam, the Kennedy assassination, the King assassination, Watergate and 9/11.


If you take a look at the current news, everything seems to possess a gloomy outlook?? Even though times are tough, I don't buy into it.

As stated, we have faced several trying stages in our past and have prevailed. Often, we have grown, diversified and become stronger after being tested. There is not one doubt in my mind that the spirit which has always been deeply ingrained to face challenge still exist in America today.

My heart will be swelling deep with pride this 4TH. Over the holiday weekend I invite you to stop, at least for a moment, to acknowledge and celebrate this beautiful often imperfect, sometimes messy glorious experiment called the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive