Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Orthotic and Prosthetic Centers TV Spot

I work for Orthotic & Prosthetic Centers as a Patient Advocate. OPC has been gracious enough to sponsor me to facilitate support groups, compete in amputee and non-amputee related sports events, Peer Counsel patients, meet prosthetic equipment manufacturers and participate in various other amputee related activities.

OPC also has provided me with different prosthetic devices. They have afforded me the chance to experiment with different feet, try different socket styles and various design ideals. It has been a dream position. I sometime forget how fortunate I am. There are many out there that don't even have one decent prosthesis.

In my short time as an amputee I have seen a lot of different attitudes in the orthotic and prosthetic business. I have met staff members that only care about sales, others that back stab to get ahead, practitioners that are sloppy, competitors that are cut throat and owners/CEO's that only care about profits.

It's been a very nice change working for Orthotic and Prosthetic Centers. It has been so pleasant working for a company where patient care is paramount.

I mostly use this site for expanding on personal thoughts and general unbiased information that is geared toward amputees. The only true agenda I have ever tried to pursue with this site is to give helpful and hopefully inspirational information to others affected by limb loss.

I do have a 'Personal Links of Interest' tab for those that might be interested in what I am into. I also have a page that gives information about OPC. I figure it is the least I can do considering they sponsor me. OPC has always given me total leeway and discretion when it comes to my position. For that I am most thankful.

I did not want to throw a link up here without stating I work for OPC. Even though I love them, I do not espouse them as the only good company around. I do think OPC is the best and most professional in the Florida Gulf Coast area. If I didn't I would not be working for them.

Be sure not to blink or you might miss me in the video:
Orthotic And Prosthetic Centers Video

Advertising Inspiration - Ty

1 comment:

  1. Ty, I've been wearing a "permanent" socket (carbon fiber) as of about one week ago. I'm still planning a visit to the pool or beach as it would really help boost my moral; workers' comp is holding things up for now.

    Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive