Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Slightly Out Of Context

Recently I was part of an interview with NBC-2 news in Ft Myers, FL.

The reporter, Elizabeth Billingsley, was super nice, smart and friendly. We ran through a series of questions ranging from my name, occupation, my student loan experience and thoughts about President Obama's latest revisions to the federal student loan program.

I was a little shocked at the final result. The highly edited interview seems to imply I had to lose my leg in order to pay off my student loans?

The reality is I had a modest amount in student loans that I was repaying, along with other monthly bills at the time of my accident. I received a 'dismemburment' settlement after my accident and used the money to pay off all of my debt, including my student loans. At the time, I was hurt and did not know when I might be able to walk again, much less work. I decided it was wise to pay off everything so I would not have to worry about it.

None the less, it was fun to be part of the interview. As stated, I feel slightly misrepresented, but such is the world of small sound bites.

Here is the interview.

1 comment:

Blog Archive