Pageviews

Friday, May 4, 2012

Amputee Workout Routines - Ampucise

I finally got around to documenting a workout routine. I have been doing short, burst movement circuit training lately.
I documented part of a routine I did this afternoon at my apartment. As I have always stated you don't need a lot of time or expensive equipment to get in a good workout.
The featured video shows 6 exercises that I feel most prosthetic wearing leg amputees should be able to do. You may have to modify some of the exercises or even add different ones depending on your situation. I definitely think that 'if there is a will...there is a way'. REMEMBER NOT TO PUSH YOURSELF TOO HARD. Make sure your prosthesis fits well. If you feel something weird going on take the time to check things out and readjust if needed. The goal is to have fun and stay injury free.
I recommend you seek advise from your prosthetist and doctor before beginning any type of exercise.
Baby steps! As you can see in the video, my form is not so great on some of these movements...but I am glad to be able to do them.
The exciting thing is I have hit up some of my fellow amputee friends. I have made arrangement to shoot a little video of them doing some of their respective workouts. This project has been a long time coming and I am glad to get the ball rolling on it.


Ampucise Workout Routine I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive