Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2022

Amput33Cast27 - Flipping The Script


Amput33Cast27 - Turning The Script


Intro Music Golden Slumbers by The Beatles. This song doesn't make as much sense unless you listen to it as part of the album. It actually runs into a couple of other songs on the album as a chain or medley. I can't remember if it is one side or both on Abbey Road where the songs all run together. Much to many a DJ's angst back in the day, they would try to play a track off of the record and end up playing the rest of the side because of this issue. Usually the three songs Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight and The End are often played together as one complete piece because of how they complement each other and run together. 

An old friend looked me up via the internet a few months ago. She actually found the site and was able to get in touch with me through here. She pointed out how wonderful she thought it was that I had a site that was focused on helping amputees. She also mentioned that I seemed to talk about myself a lot on here as well. 

I didn't think much about it at the time. Recently I came to the realization that she was right and that it was wrong for me to use this forum in this way. This site was started as a resource to help fellow amputees get information. Somehow I had turned it into a place to post things about my personal life and how I was doing, How selfish of me. Here I claim to be someone who cares about people and want to inspire and be a resource for them. What do I do? Post things about my issues. 

There has been the rare exception. I did a post about modifying your motorcycle for shifting with a prosthesis. Another about putting on wet liners, one exercise video and another about the differences between suspension styles. Other than that a bunch of dribble about my diet, my career and whatever else. 

So I deeply apologize. Excuses are really just that, excuses. So I won't make any. All I will say is it has been a strange couple of years. I think I may have lost my way to a certain extent.

It is my goal to move the focus back to YOU. The people who come here and seek information about prosthetics, the amputee lifestyle and other issues such as support or finding resources. 

I am so glad my new position in Florida is going to be solely focused on being an amputee advocate. No more sales for a while. I think this will be great and help me get back into my true purpose. 

I really hate making grand statements because they can come back as hollow truths if you do not follow through. At the same time they can be a declaration of intent you can use to hold yourself to a certain standard, 

Much Luv!!!


#AttitudeIsEverything #amput33 #GoldenSlumbers #LuvLife  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive