Pageviews

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Defining Paradise


Well another week has gone by. I am a day late on my post.  I have been a little busy, but a little lazy as well. I've been staying up late and sleeping in. Sleeping in to me is about 9AM :)

No video of my new exercise routine this week. I actually had a recurring injury I often deal with that flared up on me. It was hard to wear my prosthesis, much less use it to walk or anything else. I did manage to get some spin time in on the stationary bike. Next week I will be really busy moving among other things. So it may take a bit to get that routine down on video. 

I parted ways with all of my music gear Wednesday. I took it all to Goodwill, except my upright bass, which I donated to an old local music store. I gave away a Silvertone Guitar, my Upright, an electric Fender Bass & my Gallien-Kruger bass amp. I just don't have the room to take those things with me on my move. Honestly, I have not touched most of the instruments in quite a while. Since I'm leaving here shortly I did not feel I had the time or energy to list & sell the items. Something told me giving the articles away was better karma.  I'm hoping at least one of the items will become a special find for someone. A person who can use, take care of & enjoy it, Maybe even become a tool for them to make a positive change. As I was heading home, crossing the bridge to go back beach side I heard the news that the bassist for ZZ Top, Dusty Hill had died. I''m not sure if they call that irony or not? Either way it sure did feel weird. So I had to thro in a tiny tribute. One of my favorite, lesser known songs, by ZZ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

This post is not about my music gear or any band. It is about a certain state of mind. It is about creating your reality and controlling your destiny to the best of your abilities.

I currently live on the beach. I was so thrilled to move here when I first moved in. It seemed like paradise. In the last couple of months things had really gone sideways. My motorcycle ignition switch got so corroded I had to replace it twice. My bicycle got so rusty, after only a short amount of time that the steering became seized. The pool here got closed because it had black algae. I discovered mold in my place. Then I left my job. Everything seemed to be going all wrong. 

So what is a person to do? I took control of the things I could. I fixed my ignition and took better precautions to control the corrosion on the wires. I treated the mold in my place and repainted it. I sent out resumes and started doing job interviews. I changed my podcast selection to focus on some of my more immediate goals. I cut back on spending my time at the bar, watching mindless TV and other negative things that are unhelpful to attaining my goals.

Now things are looking up. I landed a new job. I'm soon to be off on new adventures. I will post some more details of my life changes very soon. 


My message to you. Do what you can to control your own destiny. Some things will be out of your control. I would not recommend spending time on what you can't control. If you can't control something it would be a waste of energy to try. You must learn to distinguish what these things are though. Falling into the trap of accepting something you can change as something you can't often is an excuse. An excuse to avoid dealing with reality. We all control a lot more of our lives than we realize. It takes courage, wisdom and time to make changes. The good news is we have more access to information than at any other point in human history. If you take the time and work to find a solution it is out there.

Sometimes the answers may not be as clear as we want them to be. You will have take chances. Change can be scary sometimes. Life is a spectator event. If you follow you heart and put faith in destiny I strongly believe there is path for you. No one knows the details of the journey. What fun would that be? We all know how to push toward that path though. You must prepare. You also have to have faith. That whole control vs not control thing again :) 

The things you can change will go a long way to helping you CREATE YOUR OWN PARADISE no matter where that may be.  Who knows where things could take you? Maybe you could end up being a bassist with one of the most famous three piece bands in the world for 50+ years? Maybe this post is about my music gear and a band after all? 


ADVENTURE  AWAITS THOSE WHO ARE WILLING TO PURSUE IT!!! Outcomes will vary but are guaranteed to be of satisfaction if pursued properly.


FYI  - I will be attending an amputee support group on the gulf coast of Florida this weekend. I got to do what I enjoy one more time before leaving the state. If I am fortunate enough maybe I will see you there or in future travels?

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive