Pageviews

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Checking In Fron The Road Of Possibilities


Hey. I just wanted to let you know I am still out here & thinking about you all. My laptop is tucked away somewhere in a box. I had to do this post using my phone. Expect more typos than normal :)  

Everything is good.  I've been extremely busy. I have been moving this week. It is official I am no longer a resident of the great state of Florida. I brought my motorcycle all the way out here to Baton Rouge, Louisiana in the bed of my pickup truck. Baton Rouge will be my new home for a while. 

Apparently, my worldly possessions are 5 boxes I could fit into the cab of the truck with me, a couple of bags & the formentioned motorcycle.  Of course,  I managed to bring my stationary bike for my morning exercise. 

It is strange when you think of all the things you have owned all your life & then you end up reducing them down to what you can carry with you. I feel like a wandering cowboy out on the open trail. It often feels as if I move from town to town, Doing good deeds, then seeking the next adventure :p . In the end you come to realize things you own are all just stuff. None of it determines who or what type of person you are. Many of us keeping trying to obtain things to feel better or fill a void.

Even after all the downsizing I have too much junk. I guarantee there are things in my glove box, console & other compartments of my truck I don't need. That I will probably never use? It is crazy to think of all the things some of us try to keep. We end up filling garages, attics, basements or storage buildings with our junk. A lot of it is very valuable to us or to someone else in the right context. Maybe the right place in time? It all takes money or energy to keep up with. Do we really need it if we have not used it in the last year or six months? There is a reason why Ebay, second hand stores, used car lots,  Goodwill, thrift stores and similar places exist. 

Just something to think about. At least something I have thought about a lot as I have downsized the last couple of weeks. The decisions I had to make on what I needed & what I could part with. Sometimes it can be pretty silly trying to decide if a certain item is something you shpuld keep or can part with. Thoughts like "It used to be my Dad's" or "So and so gave me this" and "Do you know what this is worth?" running through your head. It gets to the point where it is almost agony trying to determine what to keep or let go.

I suppose when it all comes down to it...We are going to have to let it all go eventually?  

Life is a wild journey. Remember, as always  to be aware the endless possibilities that lay out before you each & every day. Don't let your literaral or mental baggage weigh you down. Keep things moving forward. 

More info on my new job & location to come soon. 

The girl's got reasons. They all got reasons...She was a happy girl the day that she left me...The day that she left me




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive